Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Windows Desktop Imaging/Refresh & DOS & LanManager compatiblility & Risk

From: Lois Lehman <LOIS.LEHMAN () ASU EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:57:14 -0700

There may be another down side to BartPE.  In exploring their web site I
took a look at the page that addresses legal issues:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/#legal

Anyone using this application needs to be careful that it is not in
violation of Microsoft licensing.  My impressions from the discussion on
the web page cited above, is that the legality has not yet been tested.

Be careful out there!

Lois Lehman
Arizona State University
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences IT