Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

UCPL Debate on Digital Politics of Copyright

From: Tracy Mitrano <tbm3 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:10:19 -0400

Friends:

Ordinarily I would not post a copyright matter on the security list,
but since cross-over discussions have occurred in the past, I thought
there might be interest in this event among the constituents.

On next Thursday night, 7:30 EDT, April 14, the Cornell University
Computer Policy and Law Program, together with our Dean of Students
and Student Assembly, is hosting a debate on the politics of digital
copyright.

 Forum panelists include:
o Cary Sherman , president, Recording Industry Association of America;
o Fritz Attaway, executive vice president of the Motion Picture
Association of America;
o Siva Vaidhyanathan, New York University assistant professor of
culture and communication;
o Fred von Lohmann, senior staff attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation;
o Alec French, senior counsel, NBC/Universal; and
o Avery Kotler, senior director of business and legal affairs, Napster.

We will do a live stream of this debate, moderated by our Dean of
Students, Kent Hubbell, with streaming beginning 5 minutes before the
start of the debate.  You can access the link to the stream from the
UCPL site:  http://www.cit.cornell.edu/oit/UCPL.html under the
heading for this event.

Questions can be addressed to my mail account: tbm3 () cornell edu and I
will try to work them into the discussion.

Hope you can beam in, if not, the video will be archived and
available for viewing on the 15th.

Thanks,

Tracy