Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Inbound Default Deny Policy at Internet Border

From: Eric Pancer <epancer () SECURITY DEPAUL EDU>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 10:53:05 -0500

John Kristoff wrote on Mon, 2005-05-16 at 10:07:02 -0500...

Something will develop so that users get 'freedom to connect' back.
Maybe not fully realized for a decade or two, but my bet is that it's
coming and I just hope I am around to see and take advantage of that
innovation.

Another case in point: IPv6. The whole point is to establish enough
address space so that each device is addressable. There's many, many
applications written to deal with NAT poison. It will be interesting
to see how IPv6-specific applications develop to deal with "deny
all" poison.

--
Eric Pancer :.: Computer Security Response Team :.: DePaul University
http://security.depaul.edu/ .:`:.:':.:`:. epancer () security depaul edu