Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Inbound Default Deny Policy at Internet Border

From: Daniel Adinolfi <dra1 () CORNELL EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:41:38 -0400

On May 13, 2005, at 16:29, Scholz, Greg wrote:

Active FTP will fail.  You will either need to allow for it or have
users use passive FTP.

It is my understanding that many modern firewalls account for these
behaviors.

Indeed.  I was assuming this would be done with router ACLs, which is
probably not the case.  (It's the way we do things here.)

Thanks for the clarification.

-Dan