Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Computer and Network Security in Higher Education book now available in electronic format (free of charge)

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 18:25:18 -0700

I am pleased to announce that the book Computer and Network Security in
Higher Education, edited by Mark Luker and Rodney Petersen, is now
available in electronic format, free of charge. Please see:
http://www.educause.edu/LibraryDetailPage/666?ID=PUB7008. In case you
are not familiar with this book, I have included the Resource Center
abstract below.

Abstract: Computer and Network Security in Higher Education offers
campus leaders and IT professionals an essential resource for
determining the most technically viable, cost-effective, and culturally
appropriate approaches for securing college and university computers and
networks. The book includes the information needed to establish and
enforce effective policies, create strategies that will help secure
information resources, and put in place an organization that can provide
leadership, expertise, and real-time incident response.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie M. Vogel
Security Task Force Project Assistant