Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding Marketscore spyware

From: "Skrdla, David" <david.skrdla () OKSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:46:41 -0600

Hi,

For anyone continuing to add to the list of MarketSource IPs, tests
performed Friday evening by an analyst at our university with the
version 1.3.4.284 release of Marketsource's software revealed some
additional destination IPs identified from packet captures of the
traffic.  I am posting these in case anyone desires to monitor or
re-direct traffic involving these IPs as well.

----

IP                         DNS name                     ARIN
64.37.246.17    Non-existent domain     OrgName: Savvis
66.119.41.78    oss-test1.marketscore.com       OrgName: Savvis
66.119.41.76    oss-survey.marketscore.com      OrgName: Savvis
208.172.128.222 Non-existent domain     OrgName: Savvis (https)
216.39.69.76    Non-existent domain     OrgName: Savvis

----

David Skrdla
Network Security Analyst
Systems Security Office