Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Background Checks in Higher Ed?

From: Willis Marti <wmarti () TAMU EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:03:11 -0500

I heard recently that some institutions of higher ed are now
beginning to institute background checks for some staff and
faculty. Does anyone do this - or know who does? I hear that some
institutions do simple checks (financial and criminal) for their
security personnel and sys admins (in key positions) and some do
simple screens for their faculty and staff. Coming from an industry
background, I have seen this done in
aerospace and financial sectors (and some in health care), but not
in education. If anyone is doing this, I'd appreciate hearing from
you.

http://hr.tamu.edu/employment/faq.html#securitysensitive

Cheers,
 Willis Marti