Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Bagle.j out

From: Jason Richardson <A00JER1 () WPO CSO NIU EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:08:51 -0600

Question: has anyone resorted to dropping ZIPs and/or other attachments
at your gateways until/unless this storm passes?  I mentioned in a
meeting that I would be proposing it to my management and received the
predictable reaction, i.e., "you can't block ZIPs, we won't be able to
do business."  Of course I was not deterred but I also haven't been
given clearance to block the attachments.

Thanks,

---
Jason Richardson, J.D., CISSP, CISM, CNE
Manager, IT Security and Client Development
Enterprise Systems Support
Northern Illinois University
Voice: 815-753-1678
Fax: 815-753-2555