Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Browser security problems - Safari

From: Matt Grayson <mgrayson () DAEDALUS SIS UTK EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 15:48:29 -0500

On Mar 1, 2004, at 3:35 PM, Patrick, Stephen wrote:

We provide extensive information and access to our systems using web products.

We have a policy that we must certify browsers before we allow them to be used to access our data.  Furthermore, we require that we can “turn off” caching before we certify a browser.

We have been unable to figure out a way to turn off caching in Safari.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

I don't think there's a way to turn off caching in Safari itself. There are a couple of external add-ons that can turn it off (Safari Enhancer, for one).

Or you can delete the Safari folder in ~/Library/Caches, then via the Terminal run the command "touch ~/Library/Caches/Safari" - this will prevent the Safari cache folder from being recreated.

matt

Matt Grayson

Technology Coordinator
School of Information Sciences, UT