Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Browser security problems - Safari

From: "Patrick, Stephen" <STEVE () BUMAIL BRADLEY EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:35:23 -0600

We provide extensive information and access to our systems using web
products.

We have a policy that we must certify browsers before we allow them to
be used to access our data.  Furthermore, we require that we can "turn
off" caching before we certify a browser.

We have been unable to figure out a way to turn off caching in Safari.

Has anyone run into this problem before?

Stephen Patrick

Executive Director of Computing and Programming Services