Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Password aging

From: Jim Moore <jhmfa () RIT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:46:46 -0500

Yes, I would have notified people that they needed to change their
passwords, password aging or not.  What I was forwarding to the list was
how we address the cultural issue of resistance to change, especially
since we are implementing password aging controls along with password
reuse controls, and password strength controls.  Most of the objections
center around "Now we will never be able to remember our passwords!"

Jim