Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: DefCon CTF

From: jesse michael <jesse.michael () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:38:28 -0700

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 08:15:13AM -0700, Chris Eagle wrote:
At least one of the foreign teams was seen routinely shuffling over the
their second table full of people in the amateur CTF room.  At least we
are open about our numbers.  No one ever complained when they were
beating us.  Does anyone care to estimate the number of possible people
that could be linked into the game over broadband connections?  The
conference wireless?  Is counting the number of members of a team really
even possible?

I think the number of people on the team is a distraction from the fact
that you guys came in prepared and flat-out outperformed us.  I've been
on big teams before and it can easily make the situation worse than being
on a small focused team because it can be difficult to coordinate things
and make sure that everyone is acting effectively.

Anyway, congrats on the win.  It was certainly well deserved and has me
thinking about things we could do better next time.  :)

-Jesse