Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: DefCON NOP Redux

From: "Anthony Lineberry" <anthony.lineberry () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:34:17 -0700

I have to say, 40 minutes was a good limit. I struggled for a bit at
the beginning as I was unfamiliar with the tools. (I had never really
even used olly that much before).
But after I got the hang of them it was fun. I didn't think I was even
going to pull it off when it got close to the time limit. I was
definitely no Pusscat with fucking 16 minutes! what an asshole! But I
think had I had a copy of IDA and windbg, I might have been able to
speed up my time a bit.

As for how school of root did it... I'd love to know some specifics.
Past the fact that chris eagle has a factory of badasses. haha

--
Anthony Lineberry