Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: With great responsibility comes great power.

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 21:00:34 +0200

* Halvar Flake:

A war between the US and any democracy wouldn't happen anyways. I'd
like to quote Richard Perle on this point: "Indeed, if the whole
world were democratic, we'd live in a much safer international
security system because democracies do not wage aggressive wars."

Yeah, instead you leak colorful details about corrupt dealings at
those companies which power your adversary's economy.  Or something
more refined, if these companies turn out to be too intertwined with
your own economy.

(And by the way, Perle's claim doesn't fare too well in the light of
some recent events on the Balkans.  Democratically elected evil
warmongers and complications like that.  D'oh.)