Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: With great responsibility comes great power.

From: "matthew wollenweber" <mwollenweber () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:07:42 -0400

I've never seen anything at all to make me think that the US is even a major
player in the cyber warfare spectrum. Maybe top 10, but top 5? I'm not
inclined to think so.

Dave makes a good point regarding the number of participants at foreign
infosec conferences, but I'm not sure that's a good metric. There's no doubt
BH/Defcon are flooded with Feds but those conferences aren't about cyber
warfare. Hacking, exploitation, etc are all parts of cyber warfare but it's
a much larger topic and one that I've never seen the government discuss in
any detail in open channels.