Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Is Windows Integrity Control in Vista really worth the performance hit? And does it really work?

From: endrazine <endrazine () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 18:31:03 +0100

Hello list readers,

Afaik, Pax, grsec etc do _never_ randomize Xorg.

Ok, I was wrong, grsec _is_ randomizing xorg's stack, heap and libs,
even if the stack is apparently still executable. It seems that xorg
needs an executable stack for compatibility with some drivers.

Thanks to the grsec ppl for putting me in my place and actually teaching
me the right thing :)

Regards,

endrazine-

endrazine a écrit :
Chris Rohlf a écrit :

This sort of goes without saying. But what other known 'bypasses' are
there for grsec or SElinux that don't require a kernel vulnerability?
Im asking honestly, its been awhile since I've looked into this stuff.