Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-030

From: "John Hanks" <jbh () biology usu edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 13:52:48 -0600

The updated patch still had problems on my server. Here is my take on the
patches.

After installing the patches this happened:

First Patch: Mail began to accumulate in SMTP local delivery queue. When an
attempt to connect and deliver was made, STORE.EXE took both CPUs to 100%
and hung there.

Updated Patch: Mail began to accumulate in SMTP local delivery queue. When
an attempt to connect and deliver was made, STORE.EXE took one CPU to 100%
and hung there.

My remedies:

First Patch: Uninstalled the patch, reinstalled exchange, installed relevant
hotfixes but not "the patch."

Updated Version: Unistalling the patch seems to have brought things back to
normal.

Does anyone know if a third version is in the works or if I should keep
trying to make the second version work on my machines?

jbh

John Hanks
Dept. of Biology
Utah State University