Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: More oshare testing.

From: lincoln () HOTLINK COM BR (Cristiano Lincoln Mattos)
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 12:45:08 -0200

        The router's that would drop the packet based on the 1.1.1.1 src
address are the one's that have anti-ip-spoofing ACL's installed, which
(unfornately) not all have.  Since the oshare packet's have invalid
checksums for the IP header, that is a more concrete reason of why routers
drop them (in all my tests), obeying to the Router requirements
RFC.  Router's tested: Cisco, Ascend, and Linux 2.0.36 with ip-forwarding.

Cristiano Lincoln Mattos                           Recife / Brazil