Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: nestea2 and HP Jet Direct cards.

From: jtmurphy () ANI CMP CSUCHICO EDU (MrMurphy)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 13:57:35 -0700

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Damon Petta wrote:
nestea and nestea2 do a number on HP Jet Direct printer cards, I have
tested it on a HP 5/si and a HP 1600c with Jet Direct cards in them it
locks up until power cycled all of the print jobs that are going to them
are lost. The HP 5/si has a LCD on the front and there is an error code
that is displayed.

 This also effects Direct Jet EX 3. I would not call it a strech to say
that all HP JetDirect products are effected.
 The fix for EX 3? Unplug the thing for about 10 seconds and then plug
it back in.

--
Jason T. Murphy | LinuxFreakSecurityBuffNTHater | jtmurphy () ecst csuchico edu
  The Linux Security Home Page -> http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~jtmurphy