Bugtraq mailing list archives

admintool mode 0777 in Solaris 2.6 HW3/98

From: henson () INTRANET CSUPOMONA EDU (Paul B. Henson)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 10:16:20 -0700

After installing Solaris 2.6 HW3/98, I discovered that /usr/bin/admintool
had been installed mode 0777, world writable. Under the original release of
2.6, the mode was 04555.

Sun has been notified of the problem. If you're running 2.6 HW3/98, you
might want to verify your admintool hasn't been tampered with and fix the
perms.

(Personally, I'd set them to 0000 ;). admintool? blech.)

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 869-3781  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson () intranet csupomona edu