Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Muffett's AuTOHack + [8lgm] sendmail advisory

From: neil () legless demon co uk (Neil Woods)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 19:13:25 +0100 (BST)

Julian Assange wrote:

  >Muffett's rather dissipointing paper is available from:
 [...]
  >Which just goes to prove that where there is smoke there can just be
  >cinders.

Thank's for the critique; I never said that it was a *wonderful* paper
- I just said that I was withdrawing it for the time being.

( I was going to say the following:

"You didn't say it was crap either!"

or

"Well why did you write it then?!"

But I thought better of it ;-).

Please note the ;-), Alec :-)))))))))).

So as to add a bit of content for the first time in a few days, I think
the vulnerability noted in the latest [8lgm] advisory can be used to
attack soft targets behind a firewall - ie. access to the SMTP port of
a target isnt necessary, IMCO.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Let the Mystery Be, So Watcha Want, Longing In Their Hearts, Hate My Way,
M-Bike, Safari, Uncle June and Aunt Kiyoti, Daisy Dead Petals, Tuff Gnarl.

     ...like a badger with an afro throwing sparklers at the Pope...