Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Tripwire V1.2 Release (Finally!)

From: spaf () cs purdue edu (Gene Spafford)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 1994 10:32:02 -0500

On Tue, 30 Aug 1994 10:14:32 -0500 I wrote:

 [...]

A mailserver exists for distribution and to provide a means of
reporting bugs.  To use the mail server, send e-mail to
"tripwire-request () cs purdue edu" with a message body consisting solely
of the word "help".  The server will respond with instructions on how
to get sources, patches (if any are issued), and how to report a bug
(which we hope doesn't happen!).

That was a typo.  I thought I had deleted it.  It was supposed to have
read:

As of this release, the mailing list will be deleted, and the
"tripwire-request" address at Purdue will be shut down.  Any future
news about Tripwire will be announced in the major security-related
mailing lists (e.g., cert-tools, firewalls) and on the COAST mailing
list.

If you'd like to have yourself added to the COAST mailing list, send a
request to coast-request () cs purdue edu.

In the unlikely event you find bugs or problems, you can report them
to "tripwire () cs purdue edu" -- an alias for both Genes.

Sorry about the confusion.
--spaf