Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question regarding the best practicies on information security structure within the organization

From: Clement Dupuis <clement.dupuis () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:41:20 -0400

Your message mentions:

with technically skilled people that decide which information security
precautions are taken

I have very rarely seen Technical People decide on security.   If they
do something is wrong.

However, I can see technical people implementing mechanisms required
to achieve the company security goals which would be define in the
company overall security plan.

It has to start at the top to be effective.  Management will provide
you with time, people, and money.   All three are necessary to achieve
security.  You need an holistic view and not only an administrative,
or technical, or physical view.   All three aspects must be followed.

Best regards

Clement

Clement Dupuis, CD
Chief Learning Officer (CLO) and Security Evangelist

SecureNinja
An Insyte Company

Phone : +1 407 479 3903
Mobile: +1 407 433 6444
Fax: +1 407 264 8396

Skype: clementdupuis

Email: clement () secureninja com

Web: www.secureninja.com

901 N. Pitt Street, Suite 105
Alexandria, VA  22314

In Cyberspace:
Clement Dupuis, CD
President/Founder/Chief Security Evangelist
The CCCure Family of Portals
Maintainer of :
The CCCure Family of Portals
http://www.cccure.org

The Professional Security Testers Warehouse
http://www.professionalsecuritytesters.org

Knowledge sharing and giving back to the community

  Call me to get the best CISSP, Security+, or other Security related training  <<