Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: C$ Default Share Security Issue

From: "IT_H_Security" <IT_H_Secuirty () MahindraSatyamBSG com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:34:00 +0530

Hi HKECIC,

Please try using GFI Langaurd's File Integrity Monitor. I m not sure if
it will work exactly the same way you intend to but it alerts by
email/log whenever there is some change in the directory structure or
content.

Alternatively, you can install local firewall such as Zone Alarm, to
monitor all incoming sessions and take appropriate action. OR you may
also periodically analyze Event logs for all NIC activities. Hope this
helps.

Regards,
Nutan