Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: C$ Default Share Security Issue

From: Matthew Harlum <seclists () cactuar net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:23:23 +1000

Can't you just turn on Auditing and set an Event Log notification subscription to notify you when it is triggered?

Regards,
Matt

On 14/07/11 2:22 PM, HKECIC HKECIC wrote:
Is there an auditing setting/configuration on PC (with a Active
Directory Domain) that can be enabled to track/log incoming
connections to C$ and pop up and alert whenever someone tries it out
from a remote machine?

Securing Apache Web Server with thawte Digital Certificate
In this guide we examine the importance of Apache-SSL and who needs an SSL certificate.  We look at how SSL works, how
it benefits your company and how your customers can tell if a site is secure. You will find out how to test, purchase,
install and use a thawte Digital Certificate on your Apache web server. Throughout, best practices for set-up are
highlighted to help you ensure efficient ongoing management of your encryption keys and digital certificates.

http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;4175;25;1371;0;5;946;e13b6be442f727d1