Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: The Return on Investment of Good Security

From: "Warren Brunson" <Warren.Brunson () IdenTrust com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:04:37 -0700

It seems to me that assessing ROI on good security is roughly the same
as assessing ROI on good corporate tax preparation, or on good driving
by a firm's delivery fleet.

Unless you are selling security, tax preparation, or deliveries as a
service, and therefore these are the products you make money on, you
can't really quantify a return (profit) on investment. You can only
congratulate yourself on all the losses you didn't suffer.

Warren Brunson