Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Encryption Solution

From: shailesh.sf () gmail com
Date: 21 Jan 2009 17:54:01 -0000

Dear Sebastian,

I believe that TrueCrypt should suffice your needs. Even though TrueCrypt has its Pro's and Cons, I personally believe
that the former outweighs the later. And best of all its free.

Regarding the second part of your query, IMHO I'm fairly confident that you won't find an Encryption system that is
'Secure' yet which 'Tolerates' flipping of bit(s). The so called flipping of a single bit in the encryption key will
certainly end up trashing all your data. As far as Bit Flipping in encrypted data goes, their are numerous COTS for
encrypted data recovery. I haven't had the misfortune of using them and hence wouldn't want to hazard a guess on their
efficacy.

Good Luck.
Shailesh