Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Encrypted or Not Encrypted

From: Roman Fulop <ml () ensof1 trithem sk>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 18:44:03 +0200

Browser will behave just like if you entered the secure url into address
bar manually. The only difference is, that the request contains POST
payload. If the site certificate is incorrect, browser will warn user
before sending http request.

R.

Rob Wilcox wrote:
Yes, so the clients browser takes care of the SSL business on submit,
riddle me this:
So there is some certificate exchange that occurs w/o user interaction
on submit of the login form, does the user ever get to inspect the
certificate?  I would like to assume that a mismatch would generate the
normal error dialog alerting the user to possible MIM?

-Rob

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Roman Fulop <ml () ensof1 trithem sk