Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mangement security report

From: "Adam Pal" <pal_adam () gmx net>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 16:33:37 +0100

Hi Patrick

I suggest, you move away from the point of view of a security report to the point of view of the management, like "what
would be the management interested in?"
If your german skills are ok, you can try to have a look at BSI Grundschutz, otherwise having a quick-view at Cobit can
help you to find an answer too.
Basicaly, i would say it should include business-relevant facts since imho. management is not intrested in how good the
firewall works and how much spam has been filtered, but in an approach to costs, like working costs for filtering spam
manualy vs. saved costs by filtering N spam-mails by the new system, costs needed to repair intrusion damage vs. saved
costs by blocking N illegal access attempts.
For 2nd, 3rd and next reports you could also include trends, from last reports up to now, dont forget management loves
charts :)
Just take it as a draft.

regards

Adam Pal