Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot Server

From: <m.farid.shawara () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:37:10 +0200

Thanks for all of you ...

When I said Alerting I meant that I should be able to sense the attack when
it happens.

Another question :
If I am an attacker - is there anyway to fingerprint it and know that it's
not a server and it's a just a honeypot ...

My problem is that depending on the already known versions of the honeypots
and honeynets software - the attackers will always be able to identify them
and thus avoid doing any activities on them ...

Thanks ,,,