Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot Server

From: "Brett Kennedy" <Brett.Kennedy () caseware com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:12:09 -0500

Depending on the purpose of the honeypot, most likey you want an
environment as similar as possible to the real environment you wish to
simulate with the honeypot. This would let you study the attacks on the
honeypot in the most meaningful way. You'd also want software then to
monitor tcp traffic, changes to the local drive and so on. These could
be standard software used for these purposes, such as mod_security,
tripwire etc., and not necessarily honeypot-specific.
Brett