Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Helpdesk and monitor software

From: lennons () comcast net
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 05:02:54 +0000

although it is not free, we have been using a program called kaseya.

It has help desk, monitoring, license tracking, reporting, and quite a few other options and add ons.

Like I said not free, but it works well for us.

see www.kaseya.com

(user of the software since 2004)
From: "Murda Mcloud" <murdamcloud () bigpond com>
I'm also in the process of evaluating this. As far as I know, spiceworks
serves adverts to keep it 'free'.
You can turn these off if you like-not sure yet what functionality you may
lose if this is the case.
It works nicely though, gives good snapshots of the systems on your network
and the helpdesk module is pretty cool.

I didn't know it was open source, though. I wonder what the license is...