Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Password Pride - A Humorous Vulnerability

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:12:05 -0800

I think Brits get some special powers over here in the states
because of their accent. My friend got accosted in a hotel in
Missouri by 4 female employees because of his english accent.
We are crazy for it apparently!

  I recall a female co-worker complaining of a similar phenomenon.
I don't think that I ever actually heard her voice, but recalling
a telephone conversation with a British supplier, I was willing to
argue for a defence of temporary insanity on the behalf of the
accosters.

  I think it's something more specific than "British accent" --
perhaps as few as one Briton in a hundred has the exact vocalization
that melts listeners' brains on this side of the Atlantic.

David Gillett