Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: USB Qusetion

From: "Justin Lintz" <jlintz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:18:20 -0500

You could do that.  But then are the BIOs password protected so no one
can revert back the changes?  What type of environment are you in?
Windows? Unix?

.

On 10 Jan 2007 23:48:45 -0000, blufuzion () mail com <blufuzion () mail com> wrote:
Hello, I am new to the list.I am a new network admin and my boss wants me to disable usb drives from reading USB/thumb
drives but still be able to use the mouse and keyboards. I was thinking of disabling them in the BIOS. Can you give me
any suggestions?

Detect Malicious Web Content and Exploits in Real-Time.
Anti-Virus engines can't detect unknown or new threats.
LinkScanner can. Web surfing just became a whole lot safer.

http://www.explabs.com/staging/promotions/xern_lspro.asp?loc=sfmaildetect

--
- Justin Lintz