Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: USB Qusetion

From: vicky_3k2000 () yahoo com
Date: 12 Jan 2007 10:17:27 -0000

Dear Martin

Goto Start then Run then Regedit after that go to My Computer / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet /
Control and create a new key StorageDevicePolicies under that. Right click on StorageDevicePolicies in left pane and
create a DWORD value. In the right pane right click on New Value and rename it to WriteProtect (by pressing F2 on the
New Value) and right click on it then click Modify  and set the value to 1 and click on OK after that close. This will
restrict any data to be copy to USB but your usb keboard and mouse will work.

Any more help you can reach me on vicky_3k2000 () yahoo com.

Regards

(Vicky)