Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: CISSP Prep books?

From: "Clement Dupuis" <cdupuis () cccure org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:10:38 -0700

Good day Moujahid,

I must disagree with you on your choice of study book.

It is funny that you start your message by saying that it depends on ones
knowledge and which areas need polishing.  You bash the CISSP All In One
book while you cannot even state who is the author of the book.  Shon Harris
is the author and NOT John Harris.

Then you state that your preferred book is the Official Study guide.  The
study guide was written by 13 different authors, there are repetitions
between chapters but even worst there are contradiction between chapters.
The book looks like university notes and does not read very well at all.  As
far as being well written and accurate, you should take a look at my errata
sheet that I have online.  Tell me after reading the errata sheet that it is
well written and accurate.  You will find the errata sheet at URL:

http://www.cccure.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1119

As you have mentioned I would use the book mostly to find out what topics
are on the exam and only as a supplementary book to the CISSP All In One
which should be the primary book use.

As far as the Advanced CISSP preparation guide, it is unfortunately getting
a bit dated and would need to be updated.  It used to be one of the best
books but this is no longer the case.  It has fallen behind.

Best regards

Clement
Maintainer of http://www.cccure.org