Security Basics mailing list archives

Network Resource Mapping Reporting

From: "Jeff Dixon" <Jeff () DirectNB com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 11:15:15 -0400

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a utility that will map out a
network. Give detailed information about IP, hostname, shares, permissions,
and other useful info.

I know there are many out there and I’ve used a couple but none that were
great. It will run on a large domain and I don’t want something that will
crash the network either.

Also if it could look for missing updates that would be cool too.

(I know how to Google I’m just curious what others have had success using
and recommend)

Thank you,

Jeff Dixon