Security Basics mailing list archives

AD Policy audit tool for Windows 2000

From: Koolk3 <koolk3 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:11:07 -0400

Hello list,

Basically, I am trying to find the policies that has been changed by
active directory after a default Windows 2000 installation. The
policies were modifed without any documenattion and now it is a
problem.

I am looking for a tool that can help me audit Active Directory
policies that has been applied to Windows 2000 workstations. Ideally
the tool should know the default policy (from original win 2000
install) and then give me a report on what has changed.

Most tools that does this are for Windows XP and I need something for
Windows 2000.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
--