Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encrypting data on fileserver

From: "Adrian Floarea" <adrian.floarea () uti ro>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:51:48 +0300

Hi Nick,

In my opinion, a good solution for your needs is an encrypted file system
solution. More details about this you can find on this sites: www.pgp.com,
www.winmagic.com or www.truecrypt.com. Of course, there are only a few.

 If I understand well your problem, the idea is to create EFS container to
your file server. Then you can give rights on this containers to the users
according with your security policy.

Hope to help you.

Best Regards,

Security Product Team Leader