Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Lightweight portable encryption

From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng () wdc com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 16:19:15 -0700

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 21:37 -0400, l00t3r wrote:
Truecrypt has been the only thing I've used for the past 6 months.
I've been fairly impressed with the easy of use and the flexability of
the program.  I think you've made a wise decision :P

The only problem right now with TrueCrypt is that it _may_ *seem* to be
cross platform (Windows and Linux) but actual functionality is targetted
at Windows Users.

One can still use it under Linux, but to create/alter/etc the TrueCrypt
partitions, one still needs to have access to a Windows Box.

However, I'm unsure if it's able to function using WINE/Crossover
Office.

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!