Security Basics mailing list archives

Deploying SSL-based VPNs

From: Joe <bitshield () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:52:12 +0200

Hi all

I'm currently interested in SSL-VPN solutions, problems and
deployments. Personally I prefere much more the term „SSL-based remote
access" since almost all those products (except OpenVPN) claiming to
be SSL-VPNs don't offer any network functionality. Would you guys
share your experiences?

What are the issues you spotted when deploying SSL-based remote access
solutions?

Any experiences with certain products? (my company for example made
bad experiences with iGate from SafeNet)

What features make an SSL-remote access solution a good one?

I know these are some very general questions.

Thanks anyway
Joe

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management
education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience.
Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree
customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning,
Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.

http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus