Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Deploying SSL-based VPNs

From: "Charles Hammett" <chammett () dpsolutions com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:54:49 -0500

Juniper has one of the best SSL VPN solutions that I have used on the
market today. It completes end point analysis before allowing the VPN
connection.

If you want the client to access local resources Citrix makes a great
hybrid SSL-VPN w/ Ipsec device. The Citrix secure access appliance
completes endpoint analysis along with resource limitations. It launches
a local client that does not require any installation and allows your
users to access resources as if they were located on the local segment.

I favor the Citrix solution over the Juniper because it has a lot of
additional options.

That's my 2Cents

Juniper Link Below
http://juniper.net/products/ssl/

Citrix Link Below
http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/product.asp?contentID=15005

Charles J. Hammett Jr.
A+ Net+ INet+ Security+ Server+ MCSA MCSE CCEA CCNA JNCIA-FWV
Senior Network Operations Center Engineer
DP Solutions

9160 Red Branch Road, Suite W-1
Columbia, MD 21045
Baltimore (410) 720-3300 Ext. 131