Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: UTM - Unified Threat Management system

From: sheeponhigh <sheeponhigh () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:19:48 +0800

hi Ali,
    I agree with you that no solution can be "completely" secure. But
i think UTM should do better. According to Bruce Schneier <Secrets and
lies> 2000, 70% attacks are from insiders with a grudge, while all UTM
features acts at gateway. That means UTM only manages the most 30% of
threats.
    Should UTM think more about the rest 70% of threats? Is there any
good solution to that 70%?