Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: UTM - Unified Threat Management system

From: "Mario Platt" <mplatt () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:50:45 +0000

You can also have IDS sensors in your inside network, that would help
a lot in recognizing attack behaviour. Of course these solutions are
very "signature based", an some "attacks" don't even use "ilegal
schemes", but you can always create your signatures, or, for the
extremely paranoid you can tcpdump all your network traffic, and
analyze it line by line, but I don't think that's feasible :)