Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: suspecious traffic

From: Murad Talukdar <talukdar_m () subway com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:06:09 +1000

According to dnsstuff (www.dnsstuff.com)

WHOIS results for 68.142.78.50
Generated by www.DNSstuff.com

Location: United States [City: Tempe, Arizona]

[E-mail addresses turned back OFF for technical reasons; if you have an
'anonymizing' program or odd firewall, it could cause this]

Looking up 68.142.78.50 at whois.arin.net.

NOTE: More information appears to be available at LNAA-ARIN.

Using 30+ day old  [STALE - being deleted now] cached answer (or, you can
get fresh results).
Hiding E-mail address (you can get results with the E-mail address).

OrgName:    Limelight Networks, LLC
OrgID:      LLNW
Address:    2220 W. 14th Street
City:       Tempe
StateProv:  AZ
PostalCode: 85281
Country:    US

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.llnw.net:4321/

NetRange:   68.142.64.0 - 68.142.127.255
CIDR:       68.142.64.0/18
NetName:    LLNW-2
NetHandle:  NET-68-142-64-0-1
Parent:     NET-68-0-0-0-0
NetType:    Direct Allocation
NameServer: DNS.LAX.LLNS.NET
NameServer: DNS.LGA.LLNS.NET
NameServer: DNS.SJC.LLNS.NET
NameServer: DNS.IAD.LLNS.NET
Comment:
RegDate:    2004-03-17
Updated:    2004-11-04

OrgAbuseHandle: LNAD-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Limelight Networks Abuse Dept
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-602-850-5095
OrgAbuseEmail:  *******@limelightnetworks.com

OrgTechHandle: LNAA-ARIN
OrgTechName:   Limelight Networks ARIN Admin
OrgTechPhone:  +1-602-850-5095
OrgTechEmail:  *********@limelightnetworks.com

When the server was last reloaded, we had 226949 IP addresses banned. We
encourage you to view these pages in a browser or widget/extension.
You are not allowed to use automated programs to access this information, or
you may be fined.
(C) Copyright 2000-2006 DNSstuff.com

So check out their website;
http://www.limelightnetworks.com/

And see what you can discern from there, Mr Anderson.

Regards
Murad Talukdar