Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: University Degree or CISSP

From: Steven Kalcevich <lists () ciscokid net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:39:37 -0500

HR? Ya Me either. I would look for a new job but the problem is dealing with these people. "So you built from scratch a nationwide infrastructure for a National distribution company, now tell me do you have project management experience? Do you know MS Project? We use Project 2003." No, No, No. I dont know what a project is. I usually use a magic 8 ball to tell me what to do next is that close to MS project? hehe

ya ok just freaking give me the noose and end it. Its worse then visiting the in laws.

Kain, Becki (B.) wrote:

The thing that I find frustrating, and I have a 4 year degree from
University of Michigan, in Economics, is that companies, like the one
I'm posting from, make it a requirement that you have a degree, but not
what the degree is in.  Seems that a person with 4 years of practical
computer work should be seen as just as (or more, IMHO), useful that a
person with a 4 year degree, but no practical skills.  But then again,
I'll never understand HR departments.

EARN A MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION ASSURANCE - ONLINE
The Norwich University program offers unparalleled Infosec management education and the case study affords you unmatched consulting experience. Tailor your education to your own professional goals with degree customizations including Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning, Computer Emergency Response Teams, and Digital Investigations.
http://www.msia.norwich.edu/secfocus