Security Basics mailing list archives

Auditing XP event security logs

From: Gary Collis <onesl1fox () 27 eclipse co uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:46:57 +0000

Hi List,

I am aiming to monitor the useage of local admin accounts that I have set up on 40 machines. I have turned on auditng for the machines via group policy, and events seem to be logging OK. However I would like to automatically consolidate the logs into one central location, possibly an SQL database for ease of reference and historical purposes, and if possible produce some stats from them ( in a graph if possible, for management) e.g amount of times logged in on a particular day/week etc.

Does anyone know of any tools that can help me achieve this? Ideally I am looking for free tools.

Thanks,