Security Basics mailing list archives

Security policies - few questions!

From: Faheem SIDDIQUI <fahimdxb () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 09:24:09 +0400

Hi guys...

So what are the enforcements/punishments usually written down in IS Security policy or Acceptable Usage Policy, for non-compliance to it's clauses. I mean, termination is a bit far fetched. I am looking for something more on the monetary/ denial of IT services, front.

...Also..what are the best practices in e-mail retention? In exchange *tsk* environment, it's quite impossible to save emails of about 2000 users on central server with regular backups. If user workstation crashes, the mail goes too.The best IT Helpdesk can do is re-ghost image. What else can be done apart from setting 'store mail on the server' for top executives?