Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Auditing XP event security logs

From: "Jon Wallace" <security () b69ca com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 20:24:36 -0500

Hey Gary,

Check out the PSTOOLS from SysInternals - http://www.sysinternals.com (a free collection of tools). One of the tools PSLOGLIST.EXE allows you to view the event logs of a machine, either locally or remotely. It would be possible to schedule this from one machine to routinely bring all your logs together.

You can also filter the events you want with this tool and have the option to clear the log when you have finished.

Give it a whirl, good luck.

Regards,
Jon Wallace

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Collis" <onesl1fox () 27 eclipse co uk>