Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: About War Driving ..

From: krymson () gmail com
Date: 8 Dec 2006 14:28:21 -0000

Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers and
FatalSaint:

Just want to say I'd watched this thread and I wanted to quickly point out something I felt was kind of a poignant
thing in our field.

You both have good points and, in my mind, you both have rather correct approaches. One of you believes that a layered
defense with multiple hurdles will slow down attackers and stop a lot of non-savvy attackers, and the other prefers to
shoot for the highly-skilled attacker and focus his efforts.

I believe both approaches are just fine, and just depends on the people, business/network, and needs.

At any rate, good thread. :)